I made these chocolate chip cookies with what I had in my kitchen and they turned out really yummy! I didn't have any chocolate chips or nuts to add, but those would be a big bonus if you have them.
- 1/4C virgin coconut oil (do not melt)
- 1/4C vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/4C brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/2t fine grain sea salt
- 3T cocoa powder
- 1C flour
- dark chocolate (1-2 squares) or 1/4C vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Now, add in the dry ingredients. If your dough is a bit dry, slowly add a tablespoon of non-dairy milk and keep mixing. The dough should be moist enough to form balls.
- Finely chop the chocolate and add the chocolate into the batter.
- Shape balls of dough and place on the baking sheet a few inches apart. Gently press down on each ball with a fork.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes until the cookies are spread out nicely, cool and enjoy!