I made this raw vegan pad thai adaptation based on one made by Oh She Glows. This recipe made so much so I've been able to eat it for a few days.
pad thai ingredients:
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- strip of green onion
- edamame steamed (I used MacKellar farms organic, non-GMO brand)
- firm tofu (I used soyganics) cut up into small pieces
- sesame seeds
You want to make noodles with your zucchini and carrots. I used my spiralizer for the zucchini, but you can also use a vegetable peeler if you don't have a spiralizer. I used the peeler with the carrots because the texture worked well with the zucchini that way (less crunchy). Then thinly slice your other veggies.
dressing - I made a lot because it's never a bad idea to have a lot of delicious dressings around.
- 1/2 garlic clove (or less if you plan to eat this a lot at work!)
- 1/2 cup raw almond or peanut butter. Or if you're nut free, try tahini
- 5T lime juice
- 3T tamari
- 1T miso paste
- 4T water
- 4T agave
- 1T oil (I used olive, but any would work, sesame ideally)
- GINGER - I used a finger sized chunk, but start small and work your way up
You can hand mix or throw it in a blender. Then apply liberally to your pad thai and top with your sesame seeds, maybe some hot sauce if you're feeling saucy.
The result? YUM